All website pages are Copyright of Market Bosworth Sports Club 2020
Sports Club Progress
- At long last the new Clubhouse is virtually finished - ready for use from next month once snagging is complete
- Football Club Annual Tournament & Presentation Evening at the Sports Club ground
- The Sports Club welcomes the Bosworth Festival Concert to the Club ground for the very first time
- Community CPR & Defibrillator Training Courses held at the Sports Club (following the tragic death of a 5-yr old
boy at the nearby Bosworth Water Park)
- Slimming World sessions start in the new Function Room - a first for the Sports Club
- Cricket Club win their League Division Title, with no defeats, for the second year in a row!
- Official Clubhouse Opening Ceremony - Club members plus invited guests and media
- The Sports Club defibrillator becomes a Public Defibrillator - now mounted in a purpose-built cabinet on the
Clubhouse wall near the main entrance doors
2016 Headline News:
Latest News: (now old news and due to be updated shortly!)
Potential Future Project News:
The additional ground space released following demolition and removal of the old pavilion presents a great opportunity to further enhance the Sports Club facilities - as does provision for an upstairs room in the original build process of the new Clubhouse. An all-weather multi-sports facility with floodlighting could well be the next dream!
Hence, although there are plenty of ideas forthcoming, there is a lot of hard work and fund raising ahead in order to achieve any of them - as well as running and maintaining the new facility.
Watch this space!
Oh no! ... the new Clubhouse facility was flooded by a plumbing leak only days after the official opening ceremony in October 2016 so a lengthy and expensive drying out and clean-up process was needed. The Sports Club were therefore deeply indebted to NFU (our insurers) for providing excellent advice, help and rapid support to rectify the significant damage caused. Similarly, an earlier attempted break-in was fortunately foiled (but not without damage to the building), which demonstrates the task ahead in managing and protecting our new Community asset.
However, whilst investigations and problem resolutions continue, further enhancements continue to be made to the premises - with additional CCTV, alarm system and other security measures now in place.